04 January 2012

Truths About The Year

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to update my blog for nearly 1.5 months :/ If you're an exchange student, you can possibly understand why ;) There's no time, you're so lazy or you have lots of problems to deal with... for me these kind of problems have recently been confusing me. Believe me, it's so hard to be an exchange student. Sometimes you ask yourself "What the hell am i doing in this country? Why am i not with my family or my friends? As they say will it be beneficial for the rest of my life? Is it just a waste of time?" but then you realize that if you keep doing the same all the time you will regret eventually.

After sometime in your exchange year, life becomes so ordinary. You start to complain and then find yourself sad, wasted and vulnerable. But after some time your other exchange friends help you to find your way and gather your strength. I would be lost without them.. I can't imagine what would I do and how my exchange year would be different if they weren't here for me.

Now when i write those kind of things i can clearly see that there's a totally different Kadir from 5 months ago. I learned patience and strength. I learned how to get over the problems. I learned how to live on my own. I learned people's poker face. I nearly learned life... It's not just about having fun or having international friends. It's about difficulty, diversity and achievement :)

No comments:

Post a Comment