28 October 2011

Republic Day of Turkish Republic & Budapest ♥

I love this city so much, darn! It's the perfect combination of history and modernism, it's indescribable :) Turkish Embassy in Hungary sent me an invitation for Republic Day of Turkey last month. When i got the mail i felt so special because my own country's embassy sent me an exclusive invitation in my name written! I immediately sent a message to my other turkish exchange friends about the occasion and arranged everything altogether.

Then we met yesterday, early in the morning. We were all hungry and we knew that there was a turkish restaurant, so we started to look for it. After walking half an hour finally we found it! We all directly ordered our food then sat down. I missed most of the turkish foods and was so excited to taste them again. It was perfect! I remembered how i miss İstanbul :( Anyway it was still amazing :) And we listened turkish music after 2.5 months! I felt like i was in Istanbul for a moment :P


After having a perfect lunch we went for sightseeing. We saw the monumental Parliament. We went to a coffee shop to have drinks near the Europe's second longest river and most gorgeous one Danube. As you can see we had lots of fun! Living one day as a total turkish guy in abroad made me feel like a bomb which is waiting for activation heheh :)
Then... It's time for getting ready :) After dressing up we went to the Museum of Fine Arts where the reception held.


We talked all night long, we've missed each other so much. We drank Rakı ,our national drink, ate lots of turkish food during day and at night, talked turkish after months... In a word, we lived one day as if we were in Turkey :) I really needed that motivation and it was perfect!


And here are my sweet Turkish Exchange Friends! 



As i don't live in Budapest i had to sleepover at someone's house. Thanks to sweet volunteer Niki Buda from AFS orientation camp i had a place to sleep :) And after all in the morning i've met our angel Eszti and my mexican friend Monica to have breakfast then go back to Győr. They were in a concert which Mexican embassy sent an invitation to Mony Pony :) Look at us! We were all so tired that our dark circles wouldn't be more annoying in the picture :D

I love Budapest! It's a really nice place to live, shop, wander around, spend time with friends... I mean everything! I hope that I'll see you soon Budapest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment